The association, originally called the Santa Fee Missionary Baptist Association between 1857 and 1867, was constituted at the Baptist church at Wacahoota, located about nine miles south of Gainesville. The organizational meeting was composed of 32 churches which represented a geographically diverse area of North Central Florida, ranging from Fernandina (in the northeast) to Palatka (in East Central Florida), and Live Oak (to the north). As the association grew in the number of cooperating churches, it would come to serve as the missionary “mother” association in providing member churches that withdrew to establish three other associations all in 1879: Beulah, Harmony, and Jacksonville.
Provided are digital copies of the annual reports of the Santa Fe River Association (for the years noted below) that includes: the proceedings of the annual meeting(s); statistical information on its cooperating churches; and reports on the missionary, ministerial and ministry training activities provided by the association.
Please Note: The years marked with double asterisks (**) are readable, however the PDF image cannot be searched by keyword or phrases at this time.
1858 1859 1860 1861 1863 1864 1865 1866 1871 1874 1875