The Florida Baptist Association was the second organization of cooperating Baptist churches in Florida having been organized in 1843. However, it holds the distinction of being the oldest continuously functioning Missionary Baptist association in Florida. Within its first five years of organization, the association encompassed churches in Leon, Jefferson, Wakulla and Gadsden counties in the center of the Florida Panhandle, as well as Georgia Baptist churches in Thomas and Brooks counties. [The first association established in Florida – called the Suwannee – was organized in 1835. Subsequently in 1845 it adopted an anti-missionary theological position and in 1847 adopted the name Suwannee River Primitive Baptist Association.]
Provided are digital copies of the annual reports of the Florida Association that includes the proceedings of the annual meeting(s), statistical information on its cooperating churches, and reports on the missionary, ministerial and training ministries provided by the association.
Please Note: The years marked with double asterisks (**) are readable, however the PDF image cannot be searched by keyword or phrases at this time.
1844 1849 1852 1855 1863 1864 1865 1866 1870 1871 1879 1880