Originally, the then-named St. Mary’s River Missionary Baptist Association was organized in October 21, 1879. It was constituted by four churches primarily located along the Florida-Georgia state line in northeast Florida (Nassau County) and Southeast Georgia (Camden County). The Florida churches were Mount Olive Baptist Church and Mount Zion Baptist Church. The Georgia congregations were Hebron Baptist Church and New Providence Baptist Church. Soon after organizing, the association sought affiliation with the Georgia Baptist Convention which was retained until 1886, when the association voted to affiliate with the Florida Baptist State Convention. In 1902, because a majority of the cooperating churches were located in Duval and Nassau counties, Florida, delegates to the 1902 annual meeting voted to change the name of the association to Jacksonville. At the time, the association was comprised of 19 congregations with a combined membership of 976 Baptists. During the remainder of the twentieth century the association added churches in Duval and Clay counties.
Provided are digital copies of the annual reports of the St. Mary’s River/Jacksonville Baptist Association (for the years noted below) that includes: the proceedings of the annual meeting(s); statistical information on its cooperating churches; and reports on the missionary, ministerial and ministry training activities provided by the association.
Please Note: The years marked with double asterisks (**) are readable, however the PDF image cannot be searched by keyword or phrases at this time.